Sunday, September 30, 2018

Global Read Aloud 2018

This week our class will be starting the book, A Boy Called Bat, by Elana K. Arnold.  This book is part of the 2018 Global Read Aloud.  I've inserted a link below that will help you get a better understanding of what the Global Read Aloud is all about.  The second link is a book trailer by the author herself.  It's a great peek inside the story!

During the next six weeks, we will be partnering with 2-3 classes across the country to share our thoughts about the book.  I've already connected with a school in North Carolina, Indiana, and Canada.  We will do this via Flipgrid, Padlet, Google Hangouts, and even good old-fashioned letters!  I am so excited I can hardly contain myself, and I know the kids will be too!

Last week, we watched a short informational video about autism so students could get a better understanding about the main character, Bat, and how he interacts with the world.  I would encourage you to have discussions with your child about the book and the activities we are doing in class.

Global Read Aloud
Elana K. Arnold Book Talk

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mrs. Hartley & Class - I hope you enjoy your experience with the Global Read Aloud. It's great to see all the technology you are integrating with this event.

    ReplyDelete